Saturday, December 20, 2008

blogs and journals

I have yet to understand this whole blog culture. Every church, tv show, celebrity, and average joe all have blogs. I find that I only want to read the blogs of the people that I know or ones that are personal and heartfelt. I don't want to read about some person advertising the lastest fashion trend or computer deal. Nor do I want to read about what the pastors of churchs write so they can keep up with the weekly posting and stay "hip". (sorry, pastors) I guess I have yet to get it.

With that said, the past two days I have been flipping through past blogs of people I know. I read my brothers post he wrote a few months ago and there was this heap of wisdom that I needed to hear at that moment in time. A simple truth that I have repeated to myself at least 10 times since last night. And another one was someone that I do not know wrote but we have mutual friends. In that blog was a thought that was so true. She said "Everyone thinks you do what you do, act like you do for the Lord, but then they pull out your journals, and they see that so much of you was completely lost and you were just like everybody else"

If only people could read the all of the ups and downs of my journals. There are tear stains, pages ripped out, and words crossed out. It is my unreserved, uncensored writings about all the happenings in my life. The first few filled journals from my early teen years are quite dull. As I have gotten older, that's where the good stuff comes out. I guess I'd like to let everyone know, IF I DIE, DO NOT READ MY JOURNALS. I don't want you to make some book out of it or find inspiration in it or closure. Just burn them. I think it's quite a tragedy to have anyone read your personal writings after you die. There is a reason that you don't show anyone when you're alive!

No comments:

I Heart You