Thursday, September 4, 2008

Open

Yesterday, I opened at Starbucks for the first time by myself.

The register was broken. That means that I cannot sell any drinks. And THAT means that the coffee addicts of south charlotte would soon have a personal vendetta with me.

Here are some conversations with those very people....

Me: Good Morning
Customer: I would like a..
Me: I'm sorry but our register is broken and we can't sell any drinks
C: Seriously? Not even if I pay with cash?
Me: No, I'm so sorry
C: This is unbelievable (stomps off)


Me: Good Morning, sorry our register is broken
C: So all this coffee is going to waste?
Me: (unsure giggle)
C: Come on, just take cash
Me: sorry sir
C: Seriously you have to just let get some coffee. Are you really not going to let me?
Me: I really am sorry. Have a good day
C: (all smiles are gone as he stomps off)

C: Good Morning!
Me: Hey, sorry the register is broken.....
C: (Smiles disappears, turns is back, and in 2 seconds stomps off)

Now this happened about 15 times but I'll spare you the redundacy of reading 15 more conversations that all end in stomping off. All of them decided that I personally was responsible for making them drive to starbucks, get out of their car, and then hear that, devastatingly, there is no coffe for them. Yes, I am a killer of happiness.

2 comments:

Heather Orr said...

You should have made yourself a Venti and then taken long sips in between telling them they couldn't have any - now that would be a killer of happiness!

Unknown said...

haha
That is great Britt.
I really laughed out loud.
good story telling
-meg

I Heart You