Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Art of Improving Myself

I am a work in progress. As I get right with God and become honest with myself, I realize that I have an overwhelming amount of issues that I would like to work on as I prepare myself for marriage. Skeptical people have told us that these are the years that people grow, change, and find themselves. But I think how lucky I am that I'm with someone who is committed to helping me grow and find myself and we'll do it together. I can see the parallel between a marriage relationship and my relationship with God so much better than I ever have. Shawn loves me the way I am, with all my yucky faults and attitude problems, and not for who I might be once I work all my crap out..... and so does God. I was overwhelmed a few minutes ago about everything. I want to be better so that I will be a better servant, wife, mom, christ follower but I know that all these things will happen in time. I am loved by people who accept me as imperfect so I think I can be patient as the only Person who can bring about ANY change is working with me.

No comments:

I Heart You