Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Clay

So this has been a rough 2 or 3 weeks. It's all in my head though. My thoughts have been discouraging and sinful. I'm am definatly not taking captive every thought and making it obedient to Christ, which is the goal. These thoughts have been ones of regret and envy. (I feel like neither of those adjectives is accurate but for times sake those will do) Daily I have to remind myself that this is exactly where I need to be. I am clay in the hand of the potter. Yes, that is how I feel. ( the yes was more for me than you)

Reading this book. The Practice of the Prescense of God. Wow. Every line of that book contains so much wisdom. Live only for the love of God. Let every moment be immersed in Him. Just be in His presence all day. These are all great ideas of the book. I think these ideas are the reason I am where I am today. I do not regret any decisions in my past because I know this is where God wants me to be and I'm learning what He wants me to learn. I am here "for such a time as this"* I converse with God all day. Scratch that. I try to converse with God all day. I've screwed up a lot but I know it is a practice. I accept His grace and start in that moment delighting in Him. I feel as though He's changing me. Changing me into somebody who only lives for God.



*Esther 4:14

No comments:

I Heart You