Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Busy-ness

Hi all.

Ok so on Sunday I got to meet up with my cousins best friend who lives here. We got to escape the base for a night and eat at Hacienda Colorado! Awesome night!

We started classes on monday. Yesterday was non-stop. We had like 30 min of free time the entire day. I'm beginning to enjoy moments of rest where as when I was home I hated it. Our afternoon classes consisted of team building games which were, believe it or not, really fun and ,for me, wet. Then I had my work duties which are dinner prep. Scream-o music and unorganized baking/cooking was a challenge but I still had a good-ish time. It's just so freaking hot with no air conditioning anywhere but much worse in the kitchen. So I scarfed down dinner so I could have a few minutes by myself before leaving for outreach.

We have outreach every Monday night. There are a few groups that go meet homeless people, 2 "open" group (open groups pray to recieve pictures from God about where they're supposed to go..... I try to be open and not just think they're insane haha sorry any YWAMer's who read this) I went to the skate park. It was amazing. I just talked to a whole bunch of skaters and built some relationships. God really was with me, I was just so comfortable. Hopefully we'll be a permanent team so I can go back again. There are some pretty hardcore kids there. So that was done and I crashed..... and it started again today. Oh how I miss my dear dear friend named sleep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no air conditioning. Camping, rafting, cooking.......sounds like heaven jaja. I sent you a second package today. This one will far out do the first. Maybe I will recreate a blog account today just because I love ya. But maybe I will delete it tomorrow for no good reason-jajajajja. Pray I dont go crazy. Miss ya as always........
Moon

Tania Luna said...

oh yes and I just blogged. I am back same URL....

Cody Dermid said...

That sounds like such a crazy...awesome day! : )

I Heart You