Wednesday, May 30, 2007

In detail for Tanya : )

Today has been a great day. So Lauren Johnson calls me this morning at 7 saying her maid of honor is super sick and she needs somebody to go to the spa with her. Of course I say yes. A free day at the Ballantyne resort? Heck ya! Now I guess if you know me you wouldn't think I was quite the spa type. Harrison told my mom that I was probably having a moral conflict with it. All the materialism and excess..... but I went anyway. I mean if I hadn't have gone then Lauren would have gone by herself since they couldn't cancel the appointments. So with the fact the I'm not the "spa type" in your heads let me share my experiences.

First thing we do is go to the locker room where there is a robe (it's like a giant blanket that weighed 10lbs) waiting for us. We get in our robes and go sit in a room with a whole bunch of other silent robed ladies in comfy chairs with magazines. Seeing the trend, we grab a magazine and a chair and wait for our name to be called. Our turn comes and they lead us into a room where we had our "couples" massage lol. This was amazing. I was super oily afterwards though. We walked back (very wobbly from being massaged into mush) and waiting for the next treatment.

Ok this one was an experience. The lady leads me into this room were there is this hard table that has like drain things on the side so they can spray it down. This should have been my first indicator that something very unnatural (at least to me) was going to happen. She says she's going to leave the room and I need to lay under this towel (I think Lauren said hand towel lol) This was very awkward trying to get this tiny towel to cover me where I wanted to be covered. Lauren said she thought surely the lady must have meant there was another blanket under the towel but no there was not. Finally covered, she walks back in and takes off half the towel that I so strategically placed. I don't know why people pay for this but she gets this body sugar/salt and very painfully scrubs what feels like all my skin off. This lady has seen more of me than most. We were talking which, again, was awkward and I thought about inviting her to church but I'm not sure I ever want to see her again after all she has seen of me. After being throughly scrubbed down and lotioned up we head back to await our last treatment.

We had a facial next. I'm pretty sure I was inwardly chuckling for the first 15 minutes. I get in there and she pulls this big thing over (kind of looks like a dentist tray and light). She turns on this steam shooter and aims it directly at my face. Surely this can't be right, I think. I can't breath. The steam smells like crap and it's being shot directly at my face. (lauren said she tried to inconspicuously move out from under it haha) Somehow I got used to it as she started rubbing cream on my face then taking it off then putting more on then taking it off. This went on for a little while. With one facial mask on, she massages my hands and then puts them in plastic bags that go up to my elbow. (what?!) Then she puts giant heated oven mitts over that. I felt like a seal. Apparently I got my zits popped by a professional. I though surely there must be a more high tech way to do it then just popping them with your fingers. I mean, I love popping my zits. I don't want somebody else to do it. Actually I didn't know i had any until she shined the light from heaven (or at least if felt like that) on my face. After this came the giant face buffer (reminded me exactly of that brush that tickles your teeth at the dentist) Yah, that was weird to. After this is a blur. I fell into a very deep peaceful sleep. This post is super long so all this to say the spa was fun. : )

2 comments:

Tania Luna said...

hahahhaha I remember how hard it is to breathe with that steam thing in your face. I am chuckling just at the thought of you in there. Its like breathing in water. Then the excrutiating pain while she does the "extraction" meaning opening every pore in your face. haha. I am glad you had fun we should NOT go to the spa one day.

Cody Dermid said...

hahahaha I laughed so hard while I was reading this. I can picture your face as the steam kept coming at you lol, not that thats funny or anything : )

I Heart You